There is no plant, crystal or water feature that can help you achieve better health unless you tackle one basic thing, first. Clutter.
If you are focusing on better health, removing clutter from your home in general is crucial. But we can break this project down even more for a better understanding:
In accordance with the Feng Shui Bagua Map, the mid-east area of your home is the "health area" of your home (if you are walking in the front door of your home, as you are looking in--it is located in the far mid-left area of your home (see diagram on right).
The Bagua Map works for the home and for each mid-east area in every room of your home. The mid-left area of every room in your home is a health area based on the main entrance of that room (the entrance you always use).
Removal of clutter in these areas first, is an excellent start to better health!
The Clutter is Gone. Now You're Ready For Chi (Energy) Enhancers in the Health Area
- Water features are excellent chi enhancers when placed in health areas of your home. Keep them clean. If you don't want a water feature, use artwork that shows a water feature or body of water.
- Healthy plants (keep them dust free and healthy looking).
- Use inspirational artwork that say things like, "Live Well" or "Be Happy, Be Healthy" (there are many choices out there).
- Use shades of green in your health area as part of your decoration. Use green in your clothing, too! Yes, Feng Shui yourself.
- How about the air? Is it clean and pleasant? Open the windows and usher stagnant energy out of the room or use air purifiers.
- Use uplights to highlight plants or furniture. Light pointing upward lifts your eye to the beautiful shadows and dimensions up toward the ceiling--representing a lift, expansion, personal growth and exceptional health beyond the actual furniture or plant you originally placed. If your mind is caught up on limiting thoughts, a feature like this is a subtle reminder that there is so much more.
Specific Rooms Represent Health, Too (No Matter Where They Are Located In Your Home)
Aside from cleaning and clearing the clutter from the physical health areas according to the Bagua, other areas of your home also represent and promote health, like the kitchen. Clear the clutter of foods that are outdated and unhealthy. Replace foods with healthier choices. Display foods like art--like a bowl full of fresh and colorful fruit. Make sure the pantry, refrigerator and cabinets are clean and organized. Make sure foods and cooking utensils can be easily identified and are easily accessible. Organize, clean and decorate your kitchen so that it is a pleasure to prepare healthy meals. Combine this time of clearing clutter in the kitchen with a healthy new habit: adding more greens in your diet or meditation or any exercise plan....even a body cleanse if you're inclined to clear out the clutter from within yourself, too (check with your doctor, of course).
Another important area is the bedroom Ensure a good night sleep by clearing clutter and decorating it in a way that promotes a sense of relaxation and ease.
Beyond Physical Health
Notice that the Bagua Map refers to the mid-east area as Health and Family. Healthy, meaningful, supportive and stress-free relationships between family members (immediate and extended) also promotes good health. In my practice, I include special friendships, too. They are people you have welcomed into your home and have included them as part of your family.
To welcome and strengthen this kind of supportive energy, another beautiful Chi enhancer for the health area of your home (if the health area is an area shared by all members of your family like a bathroom, dining room, living room, etc...) is photos. Open the gates to healthy relationships by adding framed photos that conjure up loving and joyful memories. If you can, use photos of family and close friends in healthy environments--at the beach, hiking, biking, skiing, sports, etc...
The beauty of Feng Shui is that it surrounds you automatically with the intentions you set. A vision board that includes better health pictures or phrases is an awesome asset, but it may not always be with you. In Feng Shui you are incorporating intention in your living space--physically creating and maintaining the energy you desire in a more constant way. You have created the energy flow you desire and (whether you are thinking about it or not) you are taking that energy with you...it becomes a part of you.
More questions about this or any other aspect of Feng Shui? Drop me a note....your question may just be the next blog post! Wishing you healthy and joyful living!!